SEO, SEI &
Connect’s assignment: A confidential client tasked us with an SEO challenge – push negative press off first page of search results and increase web traffic as a result of improved ranking.
Strategy / Digital
• SEO Plan
• Keywords & Google Ad Buy Plan
• Social Media Plan
• Weekly Metric & Ranking Reporting
A client presented Connect with the following challenge:
When performing a Google search for the company’s name or the name of the CEO, an article appeared as the 3rd search result which portrayed the company and its CEO in a negative light. The company wanted to push down the negative content so that it no longer appeared on the first page of search results.
As an additional benefit, the company was looking to Increase website traffic by improving the ranking (position) of the company in typical broader web searches.
The negative content impacting the company’s image has been pushed down in search rankings.
Keyword rankings have increased, meaning that the website appears in search results more often, generating more visits to the company’s website.
Connect advised the client to create new content to combat the negative article in the search results:
- Connect researched which keywords were generating traffic to the negative content to advise the client to use these same keywords in the new content they created.
- Connect tracked the URL rankings of several relevant commercial real estate online publications, as well as the URL of the company’s website to advise where content should be published and posted.
- Connect suggested that a long-form article should be created with the keywords to be posted on the company website.
- Connect also recommended that several shorter articles be created and posted on various publications to link back to the longer article. These articles were posted on the online publications that had the highest URL rankings.
Connect recommended best keywords to purchase, bidding amounts, and estimates of potential impact to search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) – based on the project goals and client budget.
Connect created a social media posting plan for the client focusing on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn with the intention to promote each article.
- Each post had unique copy and visual creative with two or three variations for each article for multiple posts on a scheduled rotation.
Connect conducted a weekly call with the client to review the current strategy and progress of the various metrics being tracked. In order to track success, Connect monitored:
Referral Traffic in Google Analytics: Number of visitors that reached client’s site from new content published in outside publications.
- Which keywords the client’s website ranks for, as well as the keywords ranked in the negative content and newly-created content.
- Week-over-week, Connect tracked the number of keywords ranked for each of the above and how many keywords ranked in higher positions.
Domain & URL Ranking:
- Connect monitored the client’s domain rank and whether it improved since gaining the backlinks from the new content.
- Connect monitored the URL ranking of the publication that published the negative content, as well as the publications where the client’s content was posted.
Organic Traffic: Connect monitored visitors to the client’s site